Sun filled days, warmer temperatures, neighborhood barbecues and trips to the beach or lake…yep it is summertime!
For some businesses, the summer ushers in a bit of a slower pace as folks take vacation time and get into the more relaxed groove of the season. This is often the case unless your company is a summer based business, Just because some of the population may be in vacation mode doesn’t mean your company can’t capitalize on this typically less hectic time to do some marketing housekeeping.
Tips for Summer:
Set up some creative brainstorming meetings with your team.
- - these should be condensed in nature and require an agenda to keep off-topic conversations from running amuck.
- - during these sessions, once again evaluate the delivery of your brand and messaging…is it still on point and is your team delivering this message consistently regardless of their role within the company?
- - allow creative ideas to flow and document them so that action items you don’t take advantage of right away, whether due to budget or structural challenges, can be revisited at a later date if they hold merit.
- - take advantage of unique less typical meeting spaces…it is summer so be creative with your choices.
Take a look at current branding and delivery methods to make sure you are getting the ROI and traction you need for successful branding.
- - social media - is it time to refocus the content or provide some new stock photos for future post opportunities? If so take advantage of the slower pace to arrange a photo shoot to obtain these. This is typically a slower time for photographers as well so you may be able to negotiate a better rate.
- - website maintenance - is it time for a design refresh? You may not have the budget for a complete website overhaul but updating some of the design elements on your existing framework can prove to not only re-energize your current web page but help it index in the search engines more efficiently.
- - make sure that your website is mobile friendly. This is a must if want to reach today’s consumers who rely heavily on mobile devices as their primary tool for accessing information. Here's a great tool from Google to test if your company website is mobile friendly - https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/ .
Remember summertime is fun-time, but it can also be a great time to take care of some business growth opportunities. Make hay while the sun shines doesn’t just apply if you are a farmer…in other words make good use of your time or make the most of an opportunity while you have the chance. Happy Summer!